Why should I hire a professional grass cutting service? – Part I
Because you just got home from work and the kids need to get to hockey practice. Because you don’t have the time to pull out the lawn mower, mow, unload the clippings bag, continue mowing, empty the clippings, fuel up the whipper-snipper and clean the missed edges. And you definitely don’t have the time to do all that again for your back yard.
Because you want to spend your time outside by the pool or tending to your garden or golfing, not sweating in the heat as your clothes absorb the lawnmower gasoline smell. Because you’ve earned your retirement and you want to enjoy it doing what you want.
A professional grass cutting service like The Gardener will give you the free time you need. But we don’t want you to just hire us. We want you to make the best decision for your property and your needs. So ask these questions before making the move to hire any professional grass cutting service.
Ask before you hire your lawn care pro
- Ask people in your community about the company they use. Ask if they know about the company you’re thinking of hiring and what they have heard about it.
- Ask your potential contractor how often they mow.
- Ask your potential contractor how high the mower decks are set. You only want to remove 1/3 of the blade of grass when cutting, to promote thick regrowth.
- Will the same person or people cut your grass each week? You want to develop a level of comfort with your provider, which can be difficult of the personnel changes each week. The same provider will become comfortable with the design of your yard and you’ll be happy with the consistent quality of work
- Is weekly line trimming and cleanup included? Some grass cutting services neglect this service, and it shows in your yard.
- Ask if they edge around the driveway and sidewalks.
- Find out if they bag grass clippings during times of heavy growth, or if that option is extra.
- Are spring and fall cleanups included or is there an extra charge? Typically, providers issue an extra charge for this service, especially when leaves begin to fall.
- Can your lawn care professional provide other services upon request? Not all providers are equipped to apply fertilizer, aerate, de-thatch and so on.
- Are you charged per mow or do you pay a flat monthly fee?
- What methods of payment do they accept?
Start with The Gardener
The answers you receive from these questions will give you enough information to sort out the most suitable lawn care professional for your needs.
When you’re ready to start evaluating your options, call your local Gardener for your first quote. We’ll answer every question you have and make sure you understand exactly what we provide. Take back your personal time this summer with professional grass cutting services.Back