- The Gardener Inc. operating as The Gardener Landscape Maintenance and its franchise owners hold the security and integrity of our customers’ personal information in the highest regard. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers while providing the high level landscape services they expect.
- The Gardener’s privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- The Gardener has in place privacy and security practices to safeguard our customers’ personal information. These practices are reviewed, and if necessary revised, on a regular basis. Additionally all employees of The Gardener receive privacy training and must comply with The Gardener’s privacy practices as a condition of employment.
- Personal information collected by The Gardener is information about an identifiable individual that may include such information as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, any recorded messages, complaints or conversations.
- At The Gardener, we collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide a positive customer experience, and deliver, bill for, and collect payment for products and services;
- To understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by The Gardener and its franchise owners, corporate partners and related companies;
- To manage and develop business and operations;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- The Gardener does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. The Gardener retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- The Gardener cannot ensure that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
- The Gardener only shares customer information within our network of franchised territories and with partner companies or their agents and authorized dealers, in order to offer customers products and services that they may find attractive. If customers do not want to be marketed with these products and services, they can contact The Gardener at any time (see How to contact The Gardener below). The Gardener fully complies with Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL)
- A senior company officer has been appointed as the Privacy Officer at The Gardener. The Privacy Officer is accountable for all personal information at The Gardener. You may contact the Privacy Officer at:
Chief Privacy Officer
The Gardener Inc.
7030 Woodbine Avenue
- Customers that wish to:
obtain more information about The Gardener’s Commitment to Privacy; access, or obtain more information about, their personal information held by The Gardener; or make a privacy-related complaint; may contact a customer service representative who, if necessary, will refer the customer to the Privacy Officer for The Gardener.
- The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees all personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by The Gardener you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance:
||1-800-282-1376 or 819-994-5444
||30 Victoria St. Gatineau, QC, K1A1H3
Last Revised: January 29, 2018